Thursday, January 13, 2011

What I Need

My whole life I have never felt the need to be loved. Not romantically, just loved as a person. This has been a huge struggle for me ever since I can remember. I mean, as much as I'd like to be the social butterfly... I'm not. I have a couple friends. But when it comes down to it, I never feel like I do.

A while back my neighbor called to see if I'd like to be set up with a visiting teacher. Of course, me being myself, I was completely irritated and annoyed by it. I told my mom that was the last thing on earth I needed. But...my neighbor decided to set me up with one anyway. When I found out, I was so livid I couldn't even think straight.

The lady's name is Farol Limb. She goes to my church, and once held girls camp up at her cabin. I know who she is, but we had never really got to know each other untill now. And I'll have you know, she is one of the biggest blessings in my life. She calls randomly to see if I'm okay, and how I'm doing. I can talk to her, and feel like I'm not being judged. The other day when I was working on some driving papers, there was a knock on the door. I did not want to answer it under any circumstances. I hadn't showered all day, and I was feeling pretty low. It was Farol. She came in with a book. At first I thought it was going to be some dinky religion book about how everyone should be happy and praise the Lord. Which doesn't necissarily bug me, but I'd rather read other things. Turns out she is in the Lieto choir.

Years ago, I went to see the Forgotten Carols by Michael McLean at the Cox Auditorium with my Grannie Annie, and my GG (late). It was one of the most up-lifting things I have ever experienced. It's not even church music. It's just good-wholesome clean, happy songs.

So finding out that Farol is in Lieto, she also told me that she knows Michael McLean personally, and sings with him. I was absolutely stunned. The book she had brought ended up being a book "Hold On, The Light Will Come" that he wrote about all his songs, and what inspired him to write them. I have been reading it, and I have never felt more at peace in my life. The first song, in the first chapter is called 'What I Need' and the lyrics read "Instead of all those things I thought I really wanted, I have been given what I need." And it made me realize, I HAVE been given what I need. And I am extremely greatful for Farol, and everything I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment