Saturday, January 8, 2011

on my way to a healthier diet

Recently I was diagnosed with Celiac disease. It's a disease where eating anything with wheat, barley, oats, malt and rye will completely obliterate your insides. Which means, no more Taco Bell OR Cafe Rio. Only 'gluten free' foods that are way over priced. But I told myself, through this new year that I will do every possible thing to be healthy and happy. If that means I have to eat nasty food, then so be it. So my mom and I ran to wal-mart last night to pick up a few snacks. Although, they didn't have much because almost everything has wheat in it. I lucked out and was able to get some pretzels, pasta, cereal, and soy milk (which is suprisingly tasty). I guess I should just be thankful that there actually IS gluten free food, and that I am able to eat it. It will be quite the challenge for me, since I love to eat; but I'm definately going to make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment